Instructions on Circulating Nomination Papers for Adam Murphy
Thank you so much for agreeing to circulate nomination papers for Adam Murphy to help get him on the ballot for United States Senate. The campaign needs to collect at least 2000 signatures to appear on the ballot. However, we are working to gather 4000 signatures, the maximum allowed. Here are some important instructions and points to keep in mind when circulating nomination papers:
- Petition signers must be “qualified electors” and reside in the state of Wisconsin.
- You do not need to be registered to vote to sign the petition but rather eligible to register and vote. That generally means 18 years or older, a U.S. Citizen, has lived in the state for at least 28 days, and has not lost the right to vote due to a criminal felony conviction for which the person is currently on probation, parole or extended supervision.
- Petition circulators must be eligible to vote in Wisconsin.
- Petition circulators must personally witness each signature, this means papers cannot be left unattended for signature collection.
- Please do not sign and date the bottom until after you have collected the signatures from the public. If the petition includes any signatures dated after your signature date, then those signatures will be invalid.
- Make sure the names and addresses are legible and that all information is filled out in its entirety. The phone number and email fields are not mandatory; all other fields are required by the Wisconsin Election Commission and the signature may not be counted if any information is incomplete.
- Before handing in completed petitions, make sure you have signed and dated the bottom of the page.
- Please do not number the pages in the bottom right hand corner; the campaign will enter the page numbers.
- We request that nomination papers be submitted back to us by May 20, 2022 in order to allow appropriate time to process the forms before submitting them to the Wisconsin Election Commission. Please mail all completed nomination papers to us at: Murphy for Wisconsin, PO Box 321466, Franklin, WI 53132.If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call our campaign staff at (262) 259-8191 or email us at [email protected] We can answer questions about the rules and make suggestions for how to best gather signatures. Paid for by Murphy for Wisconsin